Ocean trout makes a spectacular centrepiece at any dinner party and Taste's barbecued ocean trout with garlic and parsley dressing is sure to be a winner. The succulent flavour of the trout combined with a simple lemon-chilly dressing is to die for! Serve alongside a fresh peppery watercress and a potato salad with herb cream and your dinner guests will be wanting to come back for more.
Here's how to make it:
1. Season trout with two tablespoons of the oil and preheat the BBQ, keeping the lid closed.
2. On a medium heat, lay the trout on the BBQ with the skin side facing up and cook for 5-7 minutes.
3. Flip the trout over, close the hood and cook for a further 15 minutes. Gently position the fish on a large serving platter.
4. In a small saucepan, heat the garlic and left-over oil on a low heat until the garlic begins to turn a pale gold. Add the juice of one lemon, capers and chilli.
5. Serve the trout with a dribble of dressing, a sprinkling of parsley leaves and lemon wedges on the side.
Ocean trout can be served in a number of delicious ways and is a great alternative to salmon. It is high in essential Omega 3 and 6 oils, is easy to prepare and tastes magnificent.