Five Tips for Cooking a Mouthwatering Steak
As a general rule, a prime grade piece of steak will always taste better than a low-grade piece of steak no matter how it’s cooked. Even so, some knowledge in the cooking process of steak is needed to make a mouthwatering meal.
Lifestyle Food offered tips for cooking the perfect steak:
- A steak should be cooked from room temperature, so take it out of the fridge approximately 20 minutes before cooking.
- Add the steak to a hot pan, but not too hot. If it’s smoking, it will burn the outside without giving the inside a chance to cook, but if it’s too cold it will result in a tough piece of meat.
- You need to have a good idea of timing when it comes to cooking your steak to your liking. For a medium steak, cook on a hot pan for three minutes each side, turning only once.
- Resting is a vital part of the cooking process, ensuring the steak is tender throughout. A steak should be rested for about 3-5 minutes.
- When cooking a thick piece of steak, be aware that it will continue cooking even after you’ve taken it off the heat, therefore take it off a bit earlier than you think is necessary.
The following two tabs change content below.
Mireille Kilgour has been an entrepreneur for 35 years in the hospitality sector. French born, she has been an accomplished business owner and operator for a number of Sydney venues. Leading the industry with high profile institutions such as Lamrock Café Bondi, she has endless passion for the industry, and now has the pleasure of supporting restaurants to fill their tables with the new Good Food Gift Card program.